Monday, January 25, 2010

Antonio Agri


Sadko's World of Music

January 31,2010


Astor Piazzolla & Antonio Agri - Soledad
Antonio Agri NOSTALGIAS (1936)Lyrics: Enrique Cadícamo Music: Juan Carlos Cobian
I drunk my heart
mad love to forget
that more than love is to suffer ...
And I come here for that,
to delete old kisses
in the kisses of other mouths.
If your love was flower of a day,
that cause is always mine
this cruel concern.
I, for both, raise my glass
to forget my stubbornness,
and further back to remember.

Nostalgia
to hear his crazy laugh
and feel with my mouth
like a fire breathing ...
Anxieties
to feel abandoned
and feel that one on his side
soon, soon to talk of love ...
Brother,
I will not stoop
not ask or beg
I cannot say no more live.
In my sad solitude
truly drop dead roses
of my youth.

Moans, accordian, tango your gray
maybe you like you hurt
sentimental love some ...
My soul cries puppet
lonely and sad tonight,
black, starless night.
If the glasses bring comfort,
Here I am with my devotion
to drown than once.
I heart drunk
then be able to provide
by the failures of love.

Itzhak Perlman Samuel Sanders, piano Tango (Albéniz; arr. Kreisler)Itzhak Perlman plays Fritz Kreisler. Angel 1976.
Ángel Romero Albéniz. Tango, op. 163, no. 2 (arr. Romero)Ángel Romero--Spanish virtuoso Angel, 1976.
Eastman Rochester Orchestra; Howard Hanson, conductor Gould, Morton. Latin-American Symphonette: Tango Mercury, [1964]
Tom Lehrer. The Masochism Tango, An Evening Wasted with Tom Lehrer, Reprise
Cirque du
Soleil, Tango, BMG
Robert Burnside, Stole My Check
Tony Bennett, I Wanna Be Around
Louis Armstrong Feat. By Oliver (orchestra Director) Takes Two To Tango 1952 DECCA 28394
Leroy Anderson And His "Pops" Concert Orchestra Blue Tango (1952) DECCA 27875
Xavier Cugat A Street In Old Seville (1936) Victor 25237
London Symphony Orchestra; Antal Dorati, conductor. Tango by Stravinsky, Igor, 1882-1971. Song of the nightingale, and other works. Mercury, [1965]
Antonio Agri, Sur
Pinchas Zukerman, violin; Lawrence Smith, piano. Tango, op. 165, no. 2 (Albéniz).Zukerman plays Kreisler; [a delightful selection of the master's compositions and transcriptions] Columbia [1972]
A Man Called Adam's Magical Remix, Allegria, Tapis Rouge Cirque du Soleil
Yo-Yo Man Fugata The Soul of the Tango Sony

No comments: