Friday, March 21, 2014

Georges Auric

The role of Sadko today is being played by George Burns. Scooter the Wonder Dog will be played by George Will.   The role of the Bobsie Twins is being played by George W. and George H.W. Bush. The role of Ken Moss is being played by George Gershwin.  The role of Brian Carpenter is being played by George Stephanopoulos . In the third half of the program, the role of Lenny the Listener will  be played by  George Orwell . Our featured French composer and member of Les Six is Georges Auric . Georges Auric (15 February 1899 – 23 July 1983) was a French composer, born in Lodève, Hérault. He was an early film composer and considered one of Les Six, a group of artists informally associated with Jean Cocteau and Erik Satie. Before he turned 20 he had orchestrated and written incidental music for several ballets and stage productions.
Georges Auric – Roman Holiday - Original Soundtrack Theme from "Vacanze romane"  Princess Anne embarks on a highly publicized tour of European capitals. When she and her royal entourage arrive in Rome, she begins to rebel against her restricted, regimented schedule. One night Anne sneaks out of her room, hops into the back of a delivery truck and escapes her luxurious confinement. A sedative she was forced to take earlier starts to take effect, and the Princess is soon fast asleep on a public bench. She is found by Joe Bradley, an American newspaper reporter stationed in Rome. He takes her back to his apartment. The next morning Joe dashes off to cover the Princess Anne press conference, unaware that she is sleeping on his couch. Once he realizes his good fortune, Joe promises his editor an exclusive interview with the Princess.
Georges Auric – scherzo Peter Verhoyen – Poulenc, Milhaud, Auric, Mower and others, Original works for piccolo and piano
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra – Orphee Suite: Main Title  – Georges Auric: Orphee / Ruy Blas / Thomas I'imposteur
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra – Orphee Suite: Orpheus And The Princess – Georges Auric: Orphee / Ruy Blas / Thomas I'imposteur
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra – Orphee Suite: In Zone I – Georges Auric: Orphee / Ruy Blas / Thomas I'imposteur
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra – Orphee Suite: Looking For The Princess – Georges Auric: Orphee / Ruy Blas / Thomas I'imposteur
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra – Orphee Suite: Orpheus And Eurydice – Georges Auric: Orphee / Ruy Blas / Thomas I'imposteur
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra – Orphee Suite: In Zone II - Finale – Georges Auric: Orphee / Ruy Blas / Thomas I'imposteur
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra – Orphee et Eurydice (arr. G. Auric): Complainte d'Eurydice – Georges Auric: Orphee / Ruy Blas / Thomas I'imposteur
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra – Les Parents Terribles – Georges Auric: Orphee / Ruy Blas / Thomas I'imposteur
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra – Thomas I'imposteur Suite: Main Title – Georges Auric: Orphee / Ruy Blas / Thomas I'imposteur In the First World War, when Paris is expected to fall to the Germans, the attractive widow, Princesse de Bormes, organises a convoy of cars to evacuate the wounded from the front, and bring them back to her villa in Paris to recuperate. The authorities will not give them passes until an innocent 16-year-old boy, Guillaume Thomas de Fontenoy, joins them and is mistaken as the nephew of the popular General de Fontenoy. The Princess is enraptured by Thomas and her daughter, Henriette, falls in love with him. Thomas feels impelled to see more of the action of the war.
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra – Thomas I'imposteur Suite: Meeting The Bishop – Georges Auric: Orphee / Ruy Blas / Thomas I'imposteur
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra – Thomas I'imposteur Suite: Clemence And Henriette – Georges Auric: Orphee / Ruy Blas / Thomas I'imposteur
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra – Thomas I'imposteur Suite: On The Fringes Of The Drama - The Spirit Of Adventure – Georges Auric: Orphee / Ruy Blas / Thomas I'imposteur
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra – Thomas I'imposteur Suite: Across The Dunes On Motorbikes – Georges Auric: Orphee / Ruy Blas / Thomas I'imposteur
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra – Thomas I'imposteur Suite: Hell At Rheims - Finale – Georges Auric: Orphee / Ruy Blas / Thomas I'imposteur
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra – Ruy Blas Suite: Main Title – Georges Auric: Orphee / Ruy Blas / Thomas I'imposteur
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra – Ruy Blas Suite: Festival – Georges Auric: Orphee / Ruy Blas / Thomas I'imposteur
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra – Ruy Blas Suite: Through Mountains And Gorges – Georges Auric: Orphee / Ruy Blas / Thomas I'imposteur
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra – Ruy Blas Suite: The Bouquet – Georges Auric: Orphee / Ruy Blas / Thomas I'imposteur
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra – Ruy Blas Suite: The Wounded Messenger – Georges Auric: Orphee / Ruy Blas / Thomas I'imposteur
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra – Ruy Blas Suite: Conversation Between Ruy Blas And The Queen – Georges Auric: Orphee / Ruy Blas / Thomas I'imposteur
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra – Ruy Blas Suite: Ruy Blas' Fortune – Georges Auric: Orphee / Ruy Blas / Thomas I'imposteur
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra – Ruy Blas Suite: Love Scene - Return Of Don Cesar - Death Of Don Guritan – Georges Auric: Orphee / Ruy Blas / Thomas I'imposteur
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra – Ruy Blas Suite: The Meeting In The Park – Georges Auric: Orphee / Ruy Blas / Thomas I'imposteur
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra – Ruy Blas Suite: The Queen's Escape - Nocturnal Procession – Georges Auric: Orphee / Ruy Blas / Thomas I'imposteur
Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra – Ruy Blas Suite: The Poison - Finale – Georges Auric: Orphee / Ruy Blas / Thomas I'imposteur
Bonjour Tristesse OST
Cecile, decadent young girl who lives with her rich playboy father Raymond. When Anne, Raymond's old love interest, comes to Raymond's villa, Cecile is afraid for her way of life.

No comments: